Hassle free from start to finish
We make sure everything about our car insurance is hassle-free. Whether you're getting a quote or making a claim, you'll find it as easy and as straightforward as can be.
And for added reassurance, our car insurance comes complete with a price promise. Which means if you find a cheaper equivalent quote within 3 months of buying a policy from us, we'll refund the difference.
- No claims discount of 80% and free no claims discount protection*
- Uninsured Driver Promise on comprehensive policies
- Free courtesy car by an approved repairer while yours is being repaired
- Windscreen cover on comprehensive policies
- Access to a UK-based 24 hour claims service
- Specialist advisers in UK call centres
*If you have 9 or more years' no claims you can benefit from a no claims discount of 80% T&Cs apply
Want to find out what else we cover?
Download our full, up to date policy documents here.
We’ll be here to help you, whether you take out our standard basic policy or decided to add any of our useful options:
Breakdown from just £4.40 a month whoever’s driving (includes 24% APR)
Protect yourself from the unexpected for only £30.
A sudden excess payout can be a shock to the bank balance. Our Excess Protect cover means in the event of a claim where recovery cannot be made from a third party, up to £500 of your excess can be reimbursed. What’s more, using Excess Protect means you could choose a higher excess on your car insurance, which may reduce your overall premium – an added benefit!
Legal Expenses Cover for just £2.77 a month (includes 24% APR)
Taking legal advice can be expensive. If you are involved in a legal dispute involving your vehicle, the last thing you need is the additional stress that comes from paying what could be thousands of pounds in solicitor fees or foregoing legal advice altogether and attempting to settle the matter without support. Castle Cover Legal Expenses provides up to £100,000 of cover for you, your passengers and the car in the event of an incident which was the fault of another insured identifiable person. You will have access to a range of legal services including cover for the costs of a solicitor to act for you to negotiate compensation, legal advice and support in settling the claim.
- Personal Injury cover for you and your passengers following a road traffic accident which was not your fault.
- Uninsured Loss Recovery - to pursue damages claims arising from a road traffic accident which was not your fault and recovering costs from the person at fault, such as medical treatment, travel costs incurred due to the loss of use of your car etc.
- Defence of Motoring Prosecutions – defending a criminal legal action arising from your use of your car.
- Motor Contract Disputes - pursuing or defending contract disputes relating to the sale of goods or services associated with your car, including the car itself.
- Vehicle Cloning – you will be covered for costs to defend civil or criminal proceedings, if your car’s identity is stolen.
- Motor Insurance Database Disputes – covers costs for disputes following incorrect information about you or your car being recorded on the Motor Insurance Database.
In addition to the benefits listed above, this cover also offers access to the following additional services:
- Discounted legal services for issues including routine conveyancing costs, wills and probate, divorce and child custody disputes.
- Access to an online legal document service.
Claims must be reported within 180 days and have more than a 50% chance of success in order to be accepted. Only contracts which are entered into after the policy begins will be covered in case of dispute. This will not cover any legal costs that have already been paid or you have agreed to pay before the claim is accepted.
Prospects of success
Arc Legal Assistance considers the below when forming the view as to the prospects of success of the claim:
- The amount of money at stake
- Whether a person without legal expenses insurance would wish to pursue or defend the matter
- The prospects of being able to enforce a judgement
- Whether your interests could be better achieved in another way
Substitute Vehicle cover for just £21 a year
Substitute Vehicle provides you with a hire car for up to 14 days in the event of your vehicle being immobilised or damaged beyond repair. It also provides a hire car in the event that your vehicle is stolen and not recovered. Substitute Vehicle cover is only available to policyholders aged up to and including 83 years.
- Hire car for up to 14 continuous days
- 24 hour claims line
- Delivery and collection of the hire car from any UK registered address
Key Cover for lost, stolen or broken keys for just £1.87 a month (includes 24% APR)
Key Cover provides up to £1,500 (inc. VAT) for reimbursement if your home, vehicle, office or security safe keys are lost, stolen or broken including cover for damaged locks. Simply call the 24 hour emergency helpline and they can arrange assistance from an approved, qualified locksmith. If you are left stranded more than 20 miles from home due to the loss of your vehicle keys, a hire car can even be arranged for you. This cover also includes reprogramming of alarms and immobilisers and lock and key replacements and a £10 reward is paid to anyone who finds and returns your keys – making it more likely that your keys will be returned to you.
Some of the benefits:
- 24 hour emergency helpline
- No excess to pay and your “No Claims Bonus” on your motor policy will not be affected
- £10 reward is paid to anyone who finds and returns your keys
- Up to £1,500 (inc. VAT) cover for lost, stolen or broken keys which are attached to the unique key fob
Why choose us?
We believe that insurance should be hassle-free from start-to-finish, with quick quotes and no messing around. Which is why we offer straightforward, honest pricing and quality cover as standard. It’s insurance as it should be! In addition:
- We offer you our best price first time. Saving you time and money.
- Our price promise is hard to beat. If you find cheaper, equivalent cover within 3 months, we promise to refund the difference. T&Cs apply
- We don’t have higher risk younger customers, so we can offer comprehensive policies at a very affordable price.
- We make it quick and easy to buy insurance policies and manage them online.
- There’s no fuss from us if you want to make a claim. An award winning claims team is standing by 24 hours a day.
We’d like you to read the Policy Summary in full, and the Policy Wording. But if you have any questions about our car insurance policy, we’re always happy to answer them.
Questions about something you’ve read? Call us on 0800 519 4087 or check our frequently asked questions.
On our standard car insurance policies, we have general exclusions for:
- Vehicles being used on an aerodrome or airport used for aircraft taking off or landing; aircraft parking areas (including service roads, ground equipment and parking areas) and any part of a passenger terminal within the customs examination area.
- Earthquake, riot or civil commotion outside England, Scotland, Wales, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands.
- Radioactive contamination, war risks, pollution and contamination.
There are some more specific exclusions too, but we make it to easy see what they are. Download our full, up to date policy documents here.