Provide your proof of
no claims discount
It's really important that you send us your proof of no claims discount as soon as possible. Without this, your policy might be cancelled.
What to do
When you bought your car insurance we asked you to provide us with your proof of no claims discount. Your no claims discount may be shown on the renewal letter from your previous insurer, or you can obtain it by contacting them and requesting it is sent to you.
There are 3 ways you can send your proof of no claims discount to us:
- Upload the document to your account. Watch our simple video below, which will show you how to upload your proof of no claims discount to your account, making it a hassle-free experience.
Thank you for choosing Castle Cover for your insurance. It’s very important to send your proof of no claims discount, without it we cannot provide you with cover. That’s why we’ve created this simple video which will show you how to upload your proof of no claims discount, making it a hassle-free experience. You’ll find your proof of no claims discount on your renewal letter with your current insurance provider.
Please make sure you have already uploaded your proof of no claims discount. You can do this by:
- Taking a picture on your camera, phone or tablet
- Scanning the document
- Using a document already saved on your PC
Once you have logged into ‘My account’ click on ‘Manage policy’.
Then click on ‘Upload documents’.
And then click the ‘Add files’ button.
You will then need to select your proof of no claims discount document from your folder. Please double check the correct file has been uploaded.
Finally, use the drop down menu and select ‘proof of NCD’. Then click ‘Start upload’. Once the file has uploaded click ‘Finish’.
You will also receive a confirmation email from us straight away to confirm the proof of no claims discount has uploaded successfully.
Was this helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
- Email it to: CC-NCDMotor@castlecover.co.uk
- Post it to: Castle Cover, Deansleigh House, Deansleigh Road, Bournemouth, BH7 7DU
What we accept
Your no claims discount may be shown on the renewal letter from your previous insurer, or you can obtain it by contacting them and requesting it is sent to you.
- The original or a copy of the renewal invitation for next year’s insurance from your previous insurer. Either a dated letter or email from your previous insurer confirming your No Claims Discount entitlement (this must be written on company branded paper). You can do this by; taking a picture on your camera, phone or tablet, scanning the document or using a document already saved on your PC
We don't accept:
- A Statement of fact from your previous insurer
- Any discount acquired under a commercial, fleet or motor trade insurance policy
- Any discount acquired under an insurance policy for motor cycle, taxi or private hire vehicle
- Any discount acquired under a policy held outside of the UK
- Documents more than 2 years old (up to the inception date of the policy)
When you provide us with your proof of no claims discount please make sure that:
- You provide the most recent form of proof from your previous insurer
- If the proof is more than 30 days old please contact us to clarify the reason why. We will not be able to confirm a policy until this has been done
- The number of years of percentage of discount entitlement should be clearly shown
- The No Claims Discount proof is unaltered
- All correspondence used as proof of No Claims Discount includes the vehicle details, the policyholders name and address and the previous insurer’s name and contact details
- If the vehicle registration number shown on your proof is different to your new policy, please contact us to clarify the reason why
- The Proof of No Claims Discount can only be applied to one policy and cannot be mirrored across multiple vehicles or policies
Get in touch with us if you have any questions.