Expert claims teams
will deal with your
claim as quickly as possible
Expert claims teams are here to help you, whatever’s happened.
For home insurance call 0345 122 9980
UK-based call centre open 24 hours, 7 days a week.
If you've added an optional extra to your home insurance policy, these are the contact numbers you'll need to make a claim:
For Legal Expenses cover call 0345 840 0097
For Key Cover call 0800 519 1211
For Home Emergency policies with a start date from 1st June 2018 call 01737 334428
For Home Emergency policies with a start date before 1st June 2018 call 0345 840 0095
For Garden Cover call 0800 952 7702
What will happen
There are a few simple steps when you make a home insurance claim:
Please call 0345 122 9980.
The claims team will take full details of the incident and confirm if you are covered. If your claim can be settled over the phone payment will be sent you within 5 working days.
If your claim can't be settled over the phone it might be because:
The claims team require more information from you:
- If you choose to use your own contractor all the claims team need is a written estimate that confirms the cause of the damage.
- Once you have this please call the team back to see if they can settle the claim over the phone or need to have the estimate sent to them.
Please also read our tips on what to have to hand before you call.
Or, a loss adjuster or an approved supplier is required and will arrange to meet you. They will:
- Contact you within 2 hours of receiving instruction from the claims team.
- Arrange an onsite inspection or collection of the damage property, in most cases within 3 working days of contacting you.
- Provide the claims team with written confirmation of the outcome within 3 days of the inspection.
Before you call
Before you call the home insurance claims team, if you can, try to make sure you have to hand:
- Your policy details
Confirmation of the cause of damage
Photos of the damage
- Estimate for repair/replacement
Top tips for making a home insurance claim:
- Any claim for Loss or Malicious Damage should be reported to the Police
- Temporary repairs should be carried out to prevent further loss. If your claim is covered then we will reimburse you the cost, therefore keep hold of any invoices paid
- Read your policy documents to see if you can use your optional cover included in your policy.
- Don’t dispose of any damaged items, we may need to inspect them. Badly damaged property can be stored in a garage or shed